I have waited a long time to start this, typical for me, but now, without planning to, just after midnight, I find myself plucking up the nerve to create a progress report of my writing life. I think I would like to put down some book reviews too (and literary magazine reviews). I've got some junk scribblings in my night stand that are crying for an outlet too.
In case the blog title is a mystery to you, it comes from Ecclesiastes 12: 12. "Be warned, my son, of anything in addition to them. Of making many books there is no end, and much study wearies the body." I took all of 20 seconds to think of this title, so don't hold me to it. If I have to have everything perfect in this blog I will give up, so here's to being spontaneous. Anyway, I've liked that quote since I read it back in high school. I like how it puts books into perspective. I've had this fantasy about being an author and publishing a book, but if it ever happens I like remembering that my contribution will just be one of however many millions or billions already out there. I need to remind myself of this to somehow temper the fantasy world of my mind.
There's a couple of writers whose blogs I enjoy following (Kris Bertin and Daniel Perry) and I figure it's time I joined in. These guys post their publication successes and I'd like to do the same. I am a turtle when it comes to creating stories and even slower at getting them published, but something has to change eventually and I'm ever hopeful.
No post is complete without a photo, even if it is a year old almost to the day. That's me and my wife Teena. So now you know.
Great beginning, Phil! Look forward to more!!!
ReplyDeleteThanks so much, Erin, Encouragement is so helpful.
Delete"LIKE"!
ReplyDeleteLike
ReplyDelete